How to Level-Up Faster
You can directly move to the information you want by searching it with [Ctrl + F].
MapleStory has a wide array of ways to help you level-up faster and become ready to hunt more and more powerful foes!
Table of Contents
Link & Legion System
All Jobs possess Link Skills which can be shared with other characters on the same account and server, and a few of them are particularly useful for accelerating your leveling speed.
- Link Skill - Elven Blessing
- Level-up your Mercedes character to transfer Link Skills! You can transfer Link Skills to other characters that will allow you to earn an additional 10% EXP once you reach Lv. 70, and an additional 15% EXP once you reach Lv. 120.
- Link Skill - Combo Kill Blessing
- Level-up your Aran character to transfer Link Skills! You can transfer Link Skills to other characters that will allow you to earn an additional 400% Combo Kill Orb EXP once you reach Lv. 70, and an additional 650% EXP once you reach Lv. 120 while the Link Skill is equipped.
- Link Skill - Rune Persistence
- Level-up your Evan character to transfer Link Skills! You can transfer Link Skills to other characters that will increase Rune duration by 30% once you reach Lv. 70, and by 50% once you reach Lv. 120.
- Attacker Effect - Zero
- Place Zero characters as a Legion member to receive an [Attacker Effect]. When you reach Lv. 130, 160, 180, 200, and 250, you'll gain an additional 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12% EXP respectively.
Try to look for hunting zones that have turned into Burning Fields because they have been untouched by Maplers for a long time. You can enjoy between 10% and 100% additional EXP by battling there!
* Only locations with Lv. 100+ monsters can become Burning Fields.
Mysterious stones called Runes may unexpectedly appear in hunting grounds! Activate these Runes to enjoy a 2x EXP bonus and other special effects that last for 2 minutes. Learn more in the Rune Maple Guide!
- Rune buff durations will increase if you transfer Evan's Link Skills.
You can build combos with the more monsters you eliminate without taking a break. Each time you reach 50 combos, a Combo Orb will be created, which you can claim for bonus EXP, and the higher your combos, the more EXP you can earn.
- Even if you exceed 2,000 combos, you can also earn Golden Combo Orbs for as long as you keep the combo going.
- Transferring Aran's Link Skills will increase the amount of EXP earned from Combo Orbs.
Party buff, a boon that's unique to party play! Form a party with a character with the Explorer job "Bishop" and have them use their Holy Symbol ability to buff you with an additional 50% EXP.
- Additional EXP can also be earned while using Night Lord's "Showdown", Demon Slayer's "Demon Cry", and Pirate's "Roll of the Dice" skills.
EXP coupons allow you to earn additional amounts of EXP from hunting monsters, and can be earned in a variety of ways:
1. 2x EXP coupons can be earned through the [Fairy Bros' Daily Gift] attendance check.
2. EXP coupons can be claimed from Sunday's Monster Park boxes.
3. Rest EXP coupons can be gained if you have been absent from MapleStory for a period of time.
The more days you don't log in, the more EXP coupons you can earn.
|Absent for 2 or more days||2X EXP Coupon (15 min) x3|
|Absent for 3 or more days||2X EXP Coupon (15 min) x4|
|Absent for 4 or more days||2X EXP Coupon (15 min) x5|
|Absent for 5 or more days||2X EXP Coupon (15 min) x6|
|Absent for 6 or more days||2X EXP Coupon (15 min) x7|
Some other items will also grant EXP bonuses when used:
1. The Extreme Gold Potion from the Monster Park Coin shop will give an additional 10% EXP for 30 minutes.
2. The EXP Accumulation Potion will give an additional 10% EXP for 2 hours.
- You can have EXP coupons, Extreme Gold Potions and EXP Accumulation Potions at the same time and they will stack with each other.
- However, you cannot use 2 EXP Accumulation Potions at the same time (but can be used alongside other effect potions).
- Effects from some EXP coupons cannot stack with each other.
3. "E.X.P. Entropy" will increase EXP earned from Kritias by 50% for 1 hour.
How to earn additional EXP using Equip items.
1. Pendant of the Spirit
The Pendant of the Spirit is a pendant that grants additional EXP the longer you have it equipped.
How to Obtain a Pendant of the Spirit
- Fairy Bros' Daily Gift Attendance Check
- Sunday's Monster Park Box
- Mu Lung Dojo Point Shop
- Event Rewards
|EXP Bonus based on Pendant of the Spirit's equipped time|
|Up to an hour after equipped||10% additional EXP|
|1 - 2 hours after equipped||20% additional EXP|
|2= hours after equipped||30% additional EXP|
- You must have the pendant equipped on the character equipment window in order to earn the additional EXP.
- You can only equip 1 per character.
- If you equip the 'Prepared Pendant of the Spirit,' you can earn 30% additional EXP immediately upon equipping the item.
2. Kinship Ring
You can earn an additional 10% EXP by having this item equipped. If you are in a party with others who have a Kinship Ring equipped, you will gain an 5% additional EXP per party member (up to +30%).
- Complete quests with the [Kin] header to obtain Kinship Rings.