A little over a year ago, we initiated the ‘Better Maple Program,’ asking you to highlight your biggest problems and MapleStory discussion topics so we could focus on providing a better service for you, the players.
Please know that we are working hard to improve the game by addressing various concerns, including upcoming changes to the cube system to reduce pay-to-win issues, which you can learn more about below.
But first, we want to give you an update on what we’ve done so far, thanks to your feedback, including but not limited to:
- Added the Maple Rewards system, which allows you to earn Reward Points in-game and spend them on items in the Cash Shop
- Made it easier to upgrade equipment by using Star Force, and easier to enhance equipment by using Spell Traces
- Increased the drop rate of Nebulite Boxes from monsters, bosses and reactors
- Made the Horntail challenge able to be completed in solo mode
- Added the ability to preview REG style coupons for Hair and Face in several of the Hair Style and Plastic Surgery Shops
- Removed gender restrictions when trading cash cover equipment
- Allowed Elite Monsters to drop Safety Scrolls
- Removed the drop restrictions for Horntail and Chaos Horntail drops
- Gave certain bosses a rare chance to drop a Golden Hammer 100%
- Removed the Owl of Minerva and Electronic Heart from the Cash Shop and made them purchasable with mesos in-game
- Made updates to Masteria, Ninja Castle, Lion King’s Castle, Malaysia and Singapore quests, and included high-level area Kritias
- Moved popular NPCs (including event NPCs) to the Event Hall and out of major towns
This year, we intend to continue to improve the Maple experience. We know some of you are concerned that the game has become too pay-to-win. So with this latest update, you will see our efforts to address this concern with:
- A big drop rate increase for Master Craftsman’s Cube and Meister’s Cubes. These cubes will now drop much more frequently from a wide variety of popular bosses so you can get Cubes much more easily than before.
- A big rate increase of the rank-up rates for all craftable and purchasable Cubes. Now your chance of ranking up to Epic, Unique and Legendary is higher than ever before.
The 10th Anniversary will be upon us soon. It’s been 10 great years thanks to our loyal players. Please continue to do what you do best—play and give feedback—and we will keep working to improve the game.
Keep an eye out for more news regarding such improvements in the coming game updates.