PDT (UTC -7): Tuesday, October 23, 2018 5:00 PM - Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:59 PM (PST)
EDT (UTC -4): Tuesday, October 23, 2018 8:00 PM - Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:59 PM (EST)
CEST (UTC +2): Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:00 AM - Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:59 AM (CET)
AEDT (UTC +11): Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:00 AM - Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:59 AM
Become a social media celebrity on MapleStory in our brand new #Maple Hashtag event! Starting October 24 (UTC), players Lv. 33 and above can participate by accepting the "[Hashtag] Maple Hashtag!" quest from the star event notifier on the left side of the screen, then visiting NPC Cassandra to receive a Hashtag Chair and a Hashtag Phone!
Once you have your Hashtag Chair, you can upgrade it and change its look by collecting Hashtag Points.
You can gain Hashtag Points by hunting monsters within your level range (20 levels above or below your current level). As you gain Hashtag Points, you'll automatically upgrade your Hashtag Chair's expression, pose, background, and Hashtag. You can earn up to 100 Hashtag Points per day, upon which you'll complete the daily quest "[Hashtag] Daily Hashtag Point," and receive a reward of Spell Trace (x100)!
There are a variety of options for how to customize your Hashtag Chair, including different expressions, poses, backgrounds, and emoticons. You can decorate your Hashtag Chair with up to 14 total items, including up to 7 of the many available hashtags (each hashtag can only be used once) as well as any combination of emoticons. If you visit certain map locations, you can gain additional backgrounds for your Hashtag Chair by snapping a picture using the Hashtag Phone. You can view the full list of customization options here.
You'll have a number of different Hashtags to choose from based on several different factors including your medal achievements, your job class, what world you're in, and more. See below for the factors that will affect which Hashtags are available to you:
- World hashtags vary based on the world your character is in.
- Job hashtags vary based on your character's job (such as Wind Archer, Blaster, Evan, etc).
- Job category hashtags vary based on your character's main job category (such as Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief, Pirate).
- Faction category hashtags vary based on your character's job faction (such as Explorer, Resistance, Hero, etc).
- Lv. 200 hashtags vary based on certain 5th job skills. You can only receive one of these hashtags.
- Legion hashtags vary based on your Legion level.
- Achievement hashtags vary based on the Maple Achievements you complete.
- Title and medal achievements vary based on which of these items you receive.
- Hard Boss achievements vary based on which bosses you defeat on Hard Mode.
- There are also special hidden hashtags for you to discover based on actions you do in-game!
In addition, you'll also gain the following rewards as you level up your chair:
- Chair Level 1 Reward - 2x Drop Coupon (60 min) (x2): 7-day duration, Untradeable.
- Chair Level 2 Reward - 2x EXP Coupon (30 min) (x2): 7-day duration, Untradeable.
- Chair Level 3 Reward - Master Craftsman's Cube: 7-day duration, tradeable within account.
- Chair Level 4 Reward - Meister's Cube: 7-day duration, tradeable within account.
If you reach Chair Level 4, you'll receive a quest called "[Hashtag] Gift for a Hashtag Master" that will remove the daily limit on Hashtag Points, and grant you a permanent Hashtag Master Chair! (If you don't upgrade your chair to level 4 by the end of the event, your Hashtag Chair will disappear).
The possibilities for customizing your Hashtag Chair are endless, so get out there and start spreading the #MapleStory love!
This event is also part of Maple Missions! Participate in #Maple Hashtag and complete Maple Missions to earn extra rewards! More information on Maple Missions here.