Nexon is committed to the account security of all players. We are aware of the community concerns recently raised regarding Nexon account security and are taking these reports seriously. We are thoroughly investigating the affected accounts. Based on this investigation to date, the cases appear to be isolated and not a result of a compromise of Nexon's security networks.
Here are some reminders about how to keep your account safe:
- Don’t share any of your account information.
- Frequently change your password, PIN/PIC, and/or secondary passwords.
- Keep your private information safe from possible phishing attempts. This includes your name, email address, date of birth, and other private information. Posting this type of information whether publicly or privately via online channels (including Discord, Twitch, Forums, or Social Media) can leave your account vulnerable.
- Avoid using the same password on multiple services.
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication as an added security measure.
If you believe your account was compromised, please submit a ticket through our Customer Support portal as soon as possible.
-The MapleStory Team